Saturday September 7, 2019
How it Works
Everyone can join Row for Kids — people with rowing experience and people without. The Edmonton Rowing Club's volunteer coaches work with teams to develop the skills they have and build the skills they need. Teams train together during July and August, and compete at the Row for Kids regatta in early September. They also compete to raise the most funds.
Teams need eight people to row, plus (ideally) two spares. Each team needs to include at least two men and two women. Teams can include co-workers, family, and friends.
To register your team:
Teams pay an entry fee of $1,800 to cover training and regatta expenses. This fee is paid directly to the Edmonton Rowing Club upon submission of the team entry form.
Once your team has been approved, you will recieve details on how to register and create your fundraising pages on this website.
Training takes place over eight weeks, one session per week, at the Edmonton Rowing Club's facilities on the beautiful North Saskatchewan River. Training starts starting in July. Each session is about 1.5 hours long.
Each team should aim to raise at least $2,500. Most teams raise much more than this: in 2018, the average was over $8,000 per team. We will provide you with sponsorship letters and pledge sheets. You can monitor and coordinate your fundraising through "My fundraising HQ" on this website.
- 75% of the funds go to the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation and 25% support the Edmonton Rowing Club's youth and amateur sport programs.
- On regatta day, the finishing result for each team comes from a combination of best race time and funds raised.
Regatta day takes place at Telford Lake in Leduc — one of the best rowing venues on the prairies. It's a day of family fun with kids' activities. New to this year is a double final for the top eight teams. The top four teams (1-4) will advance to the A-Final and the next four teams (5-8) advance to the B-Final. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be given out for each Final. Bring your cheering section!
- All pledge packages must be turned in by 9:00 am on Saturday, September 7
- Companies with multiple teams will divide pledges according to the team rosters or split the total pledges in equal parts
- 2 seconds per $1,000 raised will be granted to the closest $1,000 to a maximum of 30 seconds
- Team pledge totals will not be shared until all of the team totals are calculated, finalized and revealed prior to determining which teams will qualify for the final races. The only exception will be to announce the top team fundraiser with the Oar of Honour during the lunch program
Questions about rowing, training, and racing? Contact Madeline Verhappen firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about fundraising? Contact email@example.com
Telford Lake Leduc, AB See Map
*Will be updated closer to event day.
Team Registration: $1800/team
*details coming soon
2 second time advantage (CAN$1,000.00 + ) For every CAN$1,000 raised per team, 2 seconds will be taken from the team's total time to a maximum of 30 seconds.