About Our Organization
More Than $101,000 Raised in 2019!!
Row For Kids has contributed over $1,500,000 to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Edmonton Rowing Club! Thank you for your participation and support!
The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation advances children’s health care right in your own backyard by funding excellence at the Stollery Children’s Hospital: specialized equipment and facilities for pediatric care; sub-specialty education to train the brightest medical minds; research to discover new treatments and cures; and specialized pediatric programs that improve family-centred care, child and youth addiction and mental health services, and patient and family outcomes. Together, we give the kids the best chance, anywhere in the world, to live a long and healthy life.
Did you know?
- The Stollery Children’s Hospital serves one of the largest catchment areas of any children’s hospital in the world – a geographic range of more than 500,000 square kilometres
- The Stollery is a hub for pediatric cardiac surgery in Western Canada and a national leader in organ transplantation
- More than 44 per cent of inpatients come from outside the Edmonton area
- The Stollery is the most specialized children’s hospital in Western Canada
- Our donors make it possible for the Stollery to offer the best care, research and teaching so more kids can live longer, healthier lives
For more information about the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation visit www.stollerykids.com
The Edmonton Rowing Club is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to stimulate, advocate, and develop the sport of rowing in the Greater Edmonton Area. We work cooperatively with other organizations and are actively involved in the community. We provide programs that support the development and self-esteem of our youth.
We believe in providing a co-operative training atmosphere with quality coaches. We believe in providing safe, quality equipment for the use of the membership. We believe in providing a club culture that supports respect, leading to positive interpersonal relationships and group cohesiveness.
For more information about the Edmonton Rowing Club visit www.edmontonrowing.ca
Philanthropy in Northern Alberta seems to ebb and flow with our ever changing Alberta economy. However, during difficult times there remains a strong will to support the community through charitable giving. In 2005, an event idea was developed for the Corporate community in Edmonton to support our youth. A partnership was organized between the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation (75% beneficiary) and the Edmonton Rowing Club (25% beneficiary) at the Row for Kids event.
The event continues to provide an opportunity to learn the great outdoor team sport of rowing and at the same time, encourage participation and fundraising for the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation and the Edmonton Rowing Club. Every team wins by supporting our youth as well as enjoying the benefits gained through the development of team building skills while learning to row.
- Scott Matheson, Founder & Honorary Chair, Row for Kids