About Our Organization
More Than $125,000 Raised in 2018!!
Row For Kids has contributed over $1,400,000 to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Edmonton Rowing Club! Thank you for your participation and support!
The Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for specialized equipment, sub-specialty medical education to train the best of the best, research to pave the way to discovery of new treatments or cures for child health issues, and specialized programs that improve patient and family outcomes at the Stollery Children's Hospital.
Did you know?
- With the largest catchment area of any children's hospital in Canada, there are more than 1.7 million children depending on the benefits offered at the Stollery Children's Hospital
- Children in need of the specialized care at the Stollery come from all over central and northern Alberta, northern Saskatchewan, Manitoba, BC, throughout Nunavut, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories
- Almost 50 per cent of patients come from outside the Edmonton area. There is a child from Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray treated at the Stollery every day of the year
- It is home to the only specialized pediatric emergency in northern Alberta
- It is the referral centre for all complex pediatric heart surgeries and transplants, a major organ transplantation centre, and offers some of the most advanced treatments for child health issues in the country
- The equipment purchased by donors ensures we have equipment that is sized and calibrated for children from the tiniest and most fragile infants to teens. The Stollery cares for children from birth to 17 years
- Donor support means we're able to send more children home to their families every year
For more information about the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation visit www.stollerykids.com
The Edmonton Rowing Club is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to stimulate, advocate, and develop the sport of rowing in the Greater Edmonton Area. We work cooperatively with other organizations and are actively involved in the community. We provide programs that support the development and self-esteem of our youth.
We believe in providing a co-operative training atmosphere with quality coaches. We believe in providing safe, quality equipment for the use of the membership. We believe in providing a club culture that supports respect, leading to positive interpersonal relationships and group cohesiveness.
For more information about the Edmonton Rowing Club visit www.edmontonrowing.com
Philanthropy in Northern Alberta seems to ebb and flow with our ever changing Alberta economy. However, during difficult times there remains a strong will to support the community through charitable giving. In 2005, an event idea was developed for the Corporate community in Edmonton to support our youth. A partnership was organized between the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation (75% beneficiary) and the Edmonton Rowing Club (25% beneficiary) at the Row for Kids event.
The event continues to provide an opportunity to learn the great outdoor team sport of rowing and at the same time, encourage participation and fundraising for the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation and the Edmonton Rowing Club. Every team wins by supporting our youth as well as enjoying the benefits gained through the development of team building skills while learning to row.
It is simply great fun, so encourage your company to participate while we celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.
- Scott Matheson, Founder & Honorary Chair, Row for Kids